Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Converting To The Mass Follow Formula On Twitter


InRev TwitIn
TopFollowed
MyTweetFollowers

I only follow about 200 people on Twitter now, and it is not like I read every tweet by every person I follow. You log in, and most of the time you skim through that first page. You spend some time in the stream. So the best way to have a more representative stream might be to follow a large number of people.

But I also like the idea of having a smaller group of people. For that I think I got TweetDeck. There I can create a group for the current 200 people. That way I can get the best of both worlds: TweetDeck to follow a small, intimate group, or two, or three - I also have a group with only 20 people there - and Twitter as a marketing tool.

I am also driven by a desire to jack up the traffic for this blog.



A few minutes back I read this article by my friend in Bangalore Bhupendra Khanal, the top Tweet in that city measured by the number of followers he has - he is also from Nepal like me - and he kind of made me think.

Tweeters: Here's The Growing Formulae! go to a mass follower .... and follow his followers
http://help.twitter.com/forums/10713/entries/14959

Enter Guy Kawasaki: Looking For Mr. Goodtweet: How To Pick Up Followers On Twitter

Kevin Rose: 10 Ways To Increase Your Twitter Followers
Twitter Is Not Micro
The Depth Of Your Friendships At Twitter
Goal: A Billion People On Twitter
Search Come Full Circle: That Human Element
The Search Results, The Links, The Inbox, The Stream
Fractals: Apple, Windows 95, Netscape, Google, Facebook, Twitter
I Talked To Google Through Twitter And It Worked Like Magic
Twitter And The Time Dimension
What Should Facebook Do
TweetDeck, Power Twitter, Twitter Globe, Better Than Facebook
TCC: Twitter Community College
Twitter Tips: It's A Bird, It's A Bird
Mitch Kapor Now Following Me On Twitter
I Get Twitter






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: