Friday, December 03, 2010

The Day I Got Called Sean Parker


So I am at this NY Tech MeetUp after party last month, feeling fresh - I had skipped the presentations, and gone straight to the after party; presentations are work! - working the room, outenergying most, saying hello, and next. And I shake this guy's hand after approaching him, and he says he has seen me at Fred Wilson's blog.

"It is so great to meet you in person finally," he says.

"You make it sound like I was Fred Wilson," I say to try and squeeze some laughter out of the situation. Houston, we had a situation on our hands. (Did Not Meet Fred Wilson, But Met Mazy Dar)

"Sean Parker!" he says. The guy calls me Sean Parker. Yeah, t-h-a-t Sean Parker of the movie fame.

A white guy I never saw before or since called me Sean Parker.

I am going on the record to say I am just fine with white guys.

Creating, Propagating
Event At Hunch: Gender Talk (4)


Sean Parker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
With a Little Help From His Friends | Culture | Vanity Fair
Facebook's First President Sean Parker Was Pushed Out After Cocaine Arrest
Sean Parker | Facebook
Sean Parker Reacts to Justin Timberlake in 'Social Network': That Character 'Isn't Me'
Sean Parker: Facebook Should Not Have Won, MySpace Blew It
Sean Parker Takes on Steve Jobs
The Strange Web Genius of Sean Parker - NYTimes.com
With a Little Help From His Friends





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: