Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Music Tag On Tumblr



Image representing David Karp as depicted in C...Image by Matthew Buchanan / Flickr via CrunchBaseTumblr sucked me in somewhere along the way. I am on Tumblr pretty much every day, often times more than once a day. When I need to take time off work, I often end up on Tumblr.

A recent addition to my Tumblr experience has been the music tag. Suddenly it feels like I am reaching out to humanity. Music is the most obvious of tags. Often times I come across some music clip that I most certainly have never heard of, I might not even hear a second time, I might never have come across on my own. And I reblog. And often times I am the first person to reblog a clip by someone. And it feels like I am saying hello to strangers who could perhaps use a hello.

Music has fast become my favorite tag on Tumblr. There is always something to listen to. And I dig the randomness of the whole experience.

And I have come to really appreciate Tumblr's reblog feature. I don't produce much original content on Tumblr, for that I stick to Blogger, which feeds into my Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook streams, but Tumblr does a bad job of getting my Blogger feeds into my Tumblr stream, and I smell conspiracy.

And I follow some tags that show me great pictures, the best of which I reblog: animals, food, landscape, portrait.

And then there is the tech tag, the reason I got active on Tumblr in the first place. But the most prolific of the tech people I ended by following on Tumblr by way of David Noel are all hard core politicians. And I am like, dude, that's my turf, I came here for tech.

My Tumblr Just Got An Upgrade
So Proud Of My New Tumblr Theme
David Karp: Tumblr Or Hipstr
Tumblr Explore
Tumblr Down, Tumblr Up
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: