Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Google Plus: What Went Wrong?

Image representing Google as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBaseNothing went wrong. Google Plus continues to grow like a weed.

But I have not been using it daily, or even weekly. It has not become an integral part of my life. Contrast that to the fact that I use Twitter and Facebook every day, Twitter several times a day.

What went wrong?

For me it really bothered me that I could not feed my blog - hosted on Google's very own Blogger - into my Google Plus stream. I'd have liked it if my blog posts showed up in my Google Plus stream and gathered some comments.

Another thing that has been sub par is that there is something missing with the Google Plus notification system.

Google Plus has big, bulky letters. Facebook has better design.

And Facebook has improved. It has co-opted some of the circles function of Google Plus.

Besides, Facebook is where I post photos. I abandoned Flickr as soon as they told me I could not post as many photos as I wanted. And that was years ago. People creating content on your platform for free is a good thing. But then Yahoo got several things wrong in a row.

Google Plus, what went wrong? I don't seem to be able to put my finger on it.

I tweeted an article a few days back that said the Google executives have not been using Google Plus. That has been retweeted endlessly.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: