Sunday, February 27, 2011

Bihar, Darbhanga

Map of BiharImage via WikipediaI am increasingly thinking in terms of India. More specifically the great state of Bihar. Specifically my birthtown of Darbhanga. I am thinking in terms of Darbhanga as the place I want to start with.

I know the terrain. I know the state language, the national language, the local languages.

India has been the largest microfinance market in the world. Bihar is India's poorest state.

But I need to do my homework first.

Slumdog Millionaire: A Movie About My People
Top Discussion At A Top LinkedIn Microfinance Group
Met The Sixth Bihari

The recent pre-launch upheaval on my startup team has had one great fallout. Now I am thinking Bihar, not Paraguay, as the first market to step into. Even Kenya might have to wait. Kenya has Obama. The dude should do something for Kenya. I will go into Kenya, but later.

I could take the company IPO based just on Bihar. It is such a huge market all on its own. In terms of population, Bihar is bigger than France. You did not know that, did you?

Twitter Is Amazing For Networking
Advantage India, Disadvantage India
Slumdog Millionaire has spent three weeks at t...Image via WikipediaHaving Kenya And Chinatown Thoughts

A microfinance professional with four plus years of experience in Chennai who responded to a posting by me at a LinkedIn group has suggested Indian banks are required to put in a portion of their money into microfinance, but that does not mean outside money is not welcome. I will have to look into this.

Black Buddhas: The Madhesis Of Nepal: Documentary
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: