Thursday, May 12, 2011

Someone From Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers Now Following Me On Tumblr

Image representing Tumblr as depicted in Crunc...Image via CrunchBaseMy Twitter account went out of hand a long time ago. I have about 45,000 followers and I follow almost all of them back. I decided a long time ago I was going to use Twitter as a broadcast network. It is my own little TV station, my own little radio station. No expectations of intimacy there.

Facebook is a little less of a broadcast network for me but even there my response to over 200 pending friend requests from people I don't know was to put the privacy setting to "Everyone." There I have high school friends and college friends and people I have met in person, and a few I have never met except online, and that's okay. But the number one feature at my Facebook account is I have uploaded more than 10,000 pictures of New York City. My high school and college circles are far from the city I live in, and I wanted people to have a feel for the city I live in. My blogs feed into my Facebook stream. So it is a little bit of a broadcast network too, but not like Twitter where you don't only see my blog posts, but also articles I might read out and about.

Tumblr is my own little Path, as in it is a smaller circle, but these are mostly people I don't know in person. I follow a little over 100 people there, but these are people primarily in the tech ecosystem. And about 50 people follow me. These 50 came along organically. About 1,000 people follow me on Quora, and I don't know who they are. But that is an earned followership from being an active user, although I am less active than I used to be.

Yesterday I noticed someone from Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers started following me on Tumblr. I guess it is not that much of an event, or maybe it is. I noted because, I mean, how did you find me? One. Two, you are with Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. Tumblr can do that to you.

Chris Dixon Kind Of Person
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: