Friday, January 07, 2011

I Am On Facebook Messages Now

Facebook Messaging Event: My Favorite Question
The Twins Were Rowing Boats

SAN FRANCISCO - NOVEMBER 15:  Facebook founder...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeI just got a prompt from Facebook to activate Facebook Messages for me and I promptly did. I am exhilarated.

I have been ranting and raving about the inbox for a long time now. Google might have navigated the web, but no one had tried navigating the inbox. And now I think Facebook has taken a great step in that direction. This is as fundamental a departure as Gmail was from email services before that. This is huge.

Facebook Messages is in tune with some of my suggestions for the inbox over the months. It is not about coming up with better technology. It is about respecting the social concentric circles. Not all emails are equal. And Facebook does that. I am glad.

The Inbox: Like Search Before Google
Priority Stream
My Gmail Prayers Heard: Multiple Inboxes
Reimagining The Inbox The Simple Way
2010: Location, Random Connections, The Inbox, Frictionless Payments
SAN FRANCISCO - NOVEMBER 15:  Facebook founder...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeAdam Smith And The Inbox Space
The Search Results, The Links, The Inbox, The Stream
The Inbox Could See New Life This Year
What Gmail/Yahoo Mail/Hotmail Can Learn From Twitter
Merging Conversations In Gmail

Over the months I have had thoughts of reactivating my Hotmail account. They have a setting that says only emails I have saved in my contacts list can send me emails. Now I don't need to go in that direction no more. Facebook Messages is the solution.

Now if you complain your inbox is too cluttered, it is no longer Facebook's problem. It is your problem. Unfriend some of the people.

Okay, so I am paramendra at facebook dot com.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: