Saturday, March 05, 2011

Focus, Focus, Focus

Microfinance Coop Society Member IIImage by Austin Yoder via FlickrAt this blog I want to switch to talking primarily about microfinance and the technologies and business practices primarily related to microfinance. The idea is to keep a steep learning curve. The idea is to communicate. The idea is to enter into conversations.

I have done a lot of reading and commenting on broad developments in tech, and I want to keep doing that, but so far that has been the primary thing by a wide margin. I want to narrow that margin. I want to start talking primarily about microfinance.

The three broad conceptual jumps I have made - moving from a non profit model to a for profit model, moving from a low tech model to a very high tech model, and doing the last mile under the same brand name everywhere through the franchise concept - have to be visited again and again.

The company idea got launched with the decision to go for a profit model. I thought that debate was settled. But it amazed me that weeks later there were still team members struggling with the non profit, for profit tension.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: