Sunday, January 16, 2011

Union Square Ventures: A Real Choice

Image representing Scott Heiferman as depicted...Image by Meetup via CrunchBase
Union Square Ventures: The Opportunity Fund: For entrepreneurs, this means that if you are leveraging the economics of Internet-based networks to transform some aspect of the global economy, Union Square Ventures can be a partner, whether you are just launching your service, funding rapid growth, or spinning your business out of a larger entity. We can work with you if you need $250,000 or $25,000,000. We can invest in New York, San Francisco, London, or Berlin, and most places in between. We hope you'll think of USV as stage-agnostic, highly-focused investors who can add value to your company.
Fred Wilson is my favorite solo blogger. I drop by his blog most days. The days I can't, I drop by the following day and catch up on the missed posts. When I drop by, I leave a short comment. I was here!

When he travels, I drop by The Gotham Gal's blog. Fred, sorry to say, is kinda a lousy travel blogger. Jeff Jarvis says, writer what you write best, and link to the rest. Fred takes that to heart when traveling. He
American journalist Jeff Jarvis at the 2008 Wo...Image via Wikipedia links to posts by The Gotham Gal.

But then you don't want to approach him and say, you are my favorite solo blogger, so give me money. This paragraph by Fred tells me I am not off the mark. USV is a legitimate option for someone like me. I am "just launching," and I need something like "$250,000." And I am in "New York."

We are going to have "deeply engaged users." We intend to "transform" a key segment of "the global economy."

Heck, to me it feels like this blog post was written with me and me alone in mind.
2005 US cent, obverse side]Image via Wikipedia
Working on a slide deck as we speak. Five slides.

To enhance my chances I think I am going to get to know Brad Burnham as well. I know Fred. I know Albert. Brad has eluded me so far. Scott Heiferman, do you do intros? Are you on Hashable?
Union Square Ventures logoImage via Wikipedia
The Gotham Gal
Chris, Come In At 50K
Hola Charlie, A 50K Opportunity
FinTech: I Am Loving The Term
Fred, How About Some Money?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: