Thursday, August 23, 2012

Dennis Crowley On Disqus

Avoid The Haters

I noted both Fred Wilson and Dennis Crowley had replied to one of my comments at Fred's blog. How often does that happen!


So I proceeded to follow the guy on Disqus. Then I noticed he had left a few comments on some article about Naveen, his Cofounder.


When you become famous like Dennis has, media is just something you deal with. Dog bit man is not news, man bit dog is news. There is always that background radiation of sensationalism.


I remember being very surprised when Naveen relinquished his day to day role at FourSquare, but I quickly stood on neutral ground, primarily because Naveen himself had a blog post on the topic, and all I knew was what I had read in the media.

Naveen Leaving FourSquare
More To The Naveen Story
Models Naveen, Dennis
Naveen Selvadurai, Vin Vacanti

Dennis Crowley: I Underestimated Him
Craig Newmark, Dennis Crowley, Jennifer 8 Lee: Koreatown
Dennis Crowley: Role Model For Kids?
Dennis Crowley: FBI Background Check
Dennis Crowley: Mayor Of Mars?
Dennis Crowley, Facebook, And The Location Ecosystem
FourSquare Should Rent A Stadium
Dennis, Fred, Scott: Tweet Boom Tweet Boom

I was hoping Naveen would start a new company. It would be good for the NY tech ecosystem.




How to Avoid Being Pushed Out of the Company You Founded


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: