|Marissa Mayer (Photo credit: jdlasica)|
- Go slim by 5,000 to 10,000. The faster it is done, better for morale. Cut jobs. Slice and dice. Be done with it.
- If you are not number one or two, exit the category. This is coming straight from Jack Welch. He knew.
- Take Yahoo Mail to a whole new level. Reimagine it.
- Yahoo News is good news. Build community around it.
- Go big on mobile. Go big on local. You would know.
- Yahoo has a big future in Big Data, the next big thing. This might be one rare way to bring sexiness back to Yahoo. It has hundreds of millions of loyal monthly users, and it collects data on them. Make use of it. This is the oil beneath the sand.
- PR is important. Show up for the key events in the industry and talk your talk. You can be a good mascot. Marissa Mayer's got the sexy down pat. Infuse Yahoo with it, inside and out.