Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The 5,000 Limitation On Google Plus: A Good Thing


Anil Dash

If you want to interact with a million people, that is what Twitter is for. I am glad Google Plus has that limitation. So people are more careful in terms of who they add to their circles.

Facebook also has that limitation. Facebook perhaps is the inspiration to that Google number. If you want to interact with more than 5,000 people, well, there are Facebook Pages you can create.

I think a limitless number of people can follow you on Google Buzz. That would be the Google version of Facebook Pages. I think there is no limit to how many followers you can have on Google Buzz. But I don't know for sure.
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Wizardx said...

Irritatingly most people don't know what you are talking about though because Google in its wisdom is not allowing us to join. I can't think of a more offensive snub to early adopters than denying them access. Having had the hype you decide to join and then after a while it dawns on you that you can't. What they don't understand is that when they piss people off like this we turn against them. It is by far the biggest flaw and I won't be attempting to join again: exclusivity is anathema to social networking...

Paramendra Kumar Bhagat said...

I absolutely agree. I say open up the gates.

Paramendra Kumar Bhagat said...

By the way, what's your email address? Maybe I can send you an invite.