Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pick Up That Bag


Barackface

Barack Obama said to Charlie Rose in 2007: "Only a few years back people were throwing keys at me in the parking lot."

So I am at this event Wednesday afternoon. And I don't even drink wine.

A Few More Events?

When it was time to get started, and people started to sit down, I saw an empty spot and took the seat. A little later one woman, then another came to get their bags. I was too busy tweeting away to give much attention. But my first thought was, oh no, did I just take someone else's seat?

"Was this your seat? You can have it," I said each time. And went right back to tweeting when the response was, "No, that's okay."

Something very similar happened at a political event in 2006, maybe 2007, and I lost it, I blogged about it.

In a different mood, paying more attention, I might have delivered a few choicy one liners.

"You look white trash to me."

If you are not a self-made billionaire, you are white trash. There are only two income brackets that fascinate me: the dollar a day people, and self made billionaires.

"Or maybe you are just another racist bitch."

You don't come to the 21st century with 20th century hangovers. You do and you hurt your wallet, the real wallet: your bank account. The Internet is globalization on steroids.
BBC: Paris store apologises to Oprah: Luxury French boutique Hermes has apologised to talk show host Oprah Winfrey after refusing her entry to one of their outlets in Paris..... A friend of Winfrey, who witnessed the incident, said it was "one of the most humiliating moments of her life". .... A spokeswoman for the star's production company called it her "Crash" moment, referring to a race relations film. ..... Winfrey, 51, who was recently named the most powerful celebrity in the world by business magazine Forbes, has said she is preparing to talk about the incident on her US show. ..... "People were in the store and they were shopping. Oprah was at the door and she was not allowed into the store," Winfrey's friend Gayle King told US show Entertainment Tonight. .... Winfrey's friend Ms King said the TV presenter has no intention of shopping at Hermes again. ..... Winfrey's show attracts about 30 million viewers each week, and is believed to have generated $225m (£123.6m) in revenues during the past year.
Barackface: Oprah Needs To Hit The Campaign Trail
Barackface: O O Oprah, Sa Sa Santa
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: