Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Big City, The Biggest City In The World


New York is a big city. If you take the metro region into account, it perhaps is the biggest city in the world.

The first big American city I lived in for a few months was Philadelphia. I would walk to work every morning. It was a 40 minute walk from UPenn near where I was staying to downtown. Half way through the walk you started seeing the tall buildings. And I would be like wow. That wow factor never left me those few months.

I was in Philly for a few hours in January. I went downtown. It felt like a small town.

That is how big New York is.

New York Allows Same-Sex Marriage, Becoming Largest State to Pass Law
Behind N.Y. Gay Marriage, an Unlikely Mix of Forces
NYC: LOVEImage by wallyg via Flickr
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: